In order to work with and influence others effectively, employees at all levels must first learn to manage themselves effectively. Gaining insight into your interpersonal effectiveness is essential to professional development.
Utilizing feedback gained from assessments, participants pinpoint their strengths and growth opportunities to develop the self-management and self-leadership skills required for success in today’s work environments.
Goal setting, one-on-one coaching, measuring progress on goals over a 5 week timeframe help ensure manager accountability for implementing new skills.
2 days designed for 6 to 10 participants; intact-teams or open enrollment.
2 ½ days designed for 10 to 18 participants; intact-teams or open enrollment.
- DiSC® Workplace Profile: The DiSC® Workplace Profile is a foundational tool for understanding behavioral approaches to others and situations.
- Selected readings from Harvard Business Review.
- Pre-session development discussion with reporting manager.
Participants come to the session prepared to engage in a deeply personal leadership development experience.
For sessions comprised of participants who are leaders of others, 363® for Leaders is also used. 363 for Leaders is a 360-type tool that measures participant’s utilization of 8 Dimensions of leadership. These heavily researched Dimensions validate those leadership areas essential in today’s work environments.
- Personal Accountability – Learn the importance of personal accountability in relationships.
- Emotional Intelligence – Daniel Goleman’s model. Understand how Emotional Intelligence is tied to individual effectiveness and performance.
- DiSC® System of Behavior– Understanding the DiSC® Behavioral Model. Receive insight about their natural behavioral priorities and their effectiveness with others.
- Behavioral Strengths and Overuses – Leveraging behavioral strengths to increase personal effectiveness and exploring the impact when they are overused.
- The Dynamic Nature of Behavioral Goals and Fears – Identifying the underlying mechanism that drives individual behavioral choices and effectiveness with others and in situations.
- Behavioral Adaptability – Applying approaches with self-awareness, self-regulation, and the ability to adapt individual behavior to meet the needs of others and particular situations.
- Accountability Roundtable – In a structured roundtable format, participants share their individual DiSC® insights and what they will do to maximize their effectiveness based on their behavioral style.
- Action Planning: Participants finalize their 5-week goals for improving effectiveness.
- Post Session Implementation
- Participants discuss their insights and goals with their reporting manager.
- Participants complete one-on-one distance coaching.
- Measurement & Accountability: Participants update progress on their Managing-Self goals online. Results are reported back to the organization.